Personal Injury

Our team of Personal Injury Solicitors in Sheffield offer a no win no fee agreement.

We are specialist on serious accident claims including head injuries, spinal injuries or any other life changing injuries including fatal accidents.

Serious injuries can occur anywhere but particularly at work, on the roads and as the result of falls from height.

If you have a valid claim for a serious injury you can expect to recover the costs of rehabilitation and therapy, care and support services, private healthcare, any adaptations to your home; in fact whatever you need to get your life back on track, as well as lost earnings and other expenses.

Our team of experienced personal injury solicitors will advise you quickly on whether you can make a claim. Most personal injury claims will settle without the need to go to court. However, if you need to take your claim to court we are highly experienced at all levels of the court system, through to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.


You can make a claim for injuries and losses sustained as a result of an accident if an individual or business or organisation is proven to be either entirely or partly to blame. We will be happy to advise you as to whether you have a claim and guide you through the procedure that will follow. We will discuss with you who we consider is responsible for the accident and whether negligence can be proven against them. We will also discuss with you the different types of compensation you may be able to recover.

Usually, when a client instructs a Solicitor to complete some work for them, the client has to pay for the service from their own pocket. No Win No Fee is different in that you should not have to pay anything upfront and if you lose, you don’t pay anything. No Win No Fee agreements enable injured people to claim the compensation they are entitled to without any personal financial risk. Please note that due to a change in the law from 1st April 2013 if your case is successful you may have to make a contribution from your compensation towards your legal costs which we will be happy to discuss with you at the outset of your claim. At Wake Smith we take the risk and if we lose a case we simply do not get paid and you do not pay anything.

The length of a case depends on the nature and severity of the injuries you have sustained and how serious your accident was. We can provide you with an estimated time frame once we have discussed your claim with you in more detail.

This is very much dependent on the severity of your injuries, how long your expected recovery time is and the specific circumstances associated with your claim. We will be happy to discuss this with you in more detail as your claim progresses.

Yes, personal injury compensation claims are commonly brought by the widow/widower of the victim, or by the executors who are named in the victim’s will.

No, all employers are insured by law and it is against the law to discourage or threaten or even suggest that your position at work will be affected by you making a claim.

Many people require the assistance of others during their daily lives. Accidents can happen to any person, regardless of their personal circumstances and we can help people make compensation claims for someone who may be disabled or suffering with health issues that mean that they cannot deal with a legal claim by themselves. We will be happy to discuss this further with you and advise as to whether a claim can be made.

A minor can claim compensation but only if someone acts on their behalf. The person acting on behalf of the minor must be a parent, guardian or an adult with written permission from either a parent or guardian to act on the minor’s behalf.

If you are considering making a compensation a claim it is important that you seek legal advice as soon as you possibly can. Court proceedings must be started within 3 years of when you had the accident or when you first became aware that you were injured. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Yes you can. If you have suffered personal injury in an accident and this has resulted in you having to take time off work, then we can help you through this very worrying time. You will need to produce evidence of your earnings loss (payslips, accounts etc). In addition, any periods of loss you are claiming for must be supported by the expert medical evidence obtained in your case. You also have a duty to reduce your losses to a minimum and this includes going back to work when you can.

To make an online enquiry you can contact us here. Or to speak to our team, call 0114 266 6660.

Contact us